Metal water bottles are good products. You’ve probably seen a lot of people use metal water bottles. The trend is catching on, and if you are not part of it yet, you will be as soon as you learn about all their benefits.
These water bottles are made of stainless steel. Stainless steel is a common material for utensils and other kitchen items used for cooking and eating. This is because stainless steel holds favorable properties. You are assured of zero toxins and rust-free use with stainless steel, even after multiple washes.
Metal water bottles are often ideal for outdoor use. They have notable popularity among survivalists, campers, hikers, and anglers. It is because they offer resilience and toughness. Metal water bottles are also suitable for office goers, gym bunnies, and anyone who generally likes to stay hydrated on the go.
If you often use plastic bottles or buy single-use bottles, you will be delightfully surprised at how reliable and satisfying it is to use a metal water bottle. So whether you are looking to make the change or curious about these containers, learn about the benefits.
For Your Health
1. Stainless steel bottles are BPA-free. BPA is an important word for consumers and manufacturers. It is a chemical scientifically known as Bisphenol-A. It is found in many household items, especially those made from hard plastic. Therefore, many plastic bottles contain this chemical.
Unfortunately, prolonged exposure to BPA will bring health issues such as cardiovascular problems, type 2 diabetes, fetal brain development issues, and some cancers. Children are more prone to the effects of BPA, but they can affect anyone. Stainless steel does not contain this chemical. This makes metal water bottles a safer alternative for you and your children.
For The Environment
As you would guess, metal water bottles are good for the environment. If you are keen on sustainable solutions that benefit the environment, you should get a metal water bottle. You will get a cool drink while helping the planet.
2. Stainless steel needs less manufacturing energy. Stainless steel requires a lot of energy to manufacture. However, this is nothing compared to the energy used to continuously manufacture disposable plastic bottles, which are then shipped worldwide. It takes three liters of water to produce a one-liter plastic bottle. Only 23% of plastic water bottle users recycle these bottles. This means that manufacturers will continue to make plastic bottles to keep up with demand. This requires more energy to make more, translating to 50 million barrels of oil per year. All of this energy goes into producing bottles that end up in the trash after one use. The energy used to sustain metal water bottle demand is very low compared to this.
3. Stainless steel is made from recycled materials. Studies have shown that approximately 80% of new stainless steel comes from recycled materials, specifically scrap metal. What’s more, this percentage increases each year with scrap metal disposal. This cycle is sustainable and thriving because recycled stainless steel retains all the original characteristics. Therefore, recycled stainless steel is just as strong, durable, and toxin-free. Recycling of stainless steel reduces the need to source new raw materials, which translates to less mining of iron ore. Manufacturers produce recycled stainless steel using electricity, which is easily generated with renewable energy sources. This eliminates the need for fossil fuel.
For Your Lifestyle
When drinking water on the go, it is better to have a container that can adapt to your lifestyle. You will need something reliable, easy to use, and worth the money you spend. Luckily, stainless steel bottles are worth the investment and pay off for a long time.
4. Stainless steel will keep water cold. Many people desire a cold drink on a hot summer’s day. So imagine the disappointment when you get a gulp of warm water when you drink from a plastic bottle. To avoid this, you should go for a metal water bottle. Stainless steel keeps water cool and cold for longer. If you go for insulated versions of these water bottles, you can continuously maintain your drink temperature for hours. Most of these bottles can keep your water cold for the entire day, if not more.
5. Stainless steel water bottles save you money. It is no secret that stainless steel water bottles are more expensive than plastic bottles. However, if you think about them as an investment, you will realize that they are worth every penny. With time, you will see that these water bottles save you money. If you have a stainless steel reusable bottle, all you have to do is fill it with tap water before leaving the house. This eliminates the need to buy bottled water on the go, saving you a lot of money every week. This is a significant advantage with the additional benefit that tap water often tastes better than bottled water.
6. Stainless steel bottles do not retain the taste. One of the most significant disadvantages of plastic bottles is that they can keep the smell and even taste of the previous liquid even after washing. If you use it for iced coffee, you may taste traces of the coffee when you switch out to drinking water. An easy fix to this is switching to stainless steel bottles. They do not retain the flavors nor the smells of previous drinks. This lets you enjoy the tastes of your beverage without interference from yesterday’s drinks.
In conclusion, metal water bottles are a wise investment. Their advantages outweigh the need to buy a single-use water bottle or a plastic one. Anyone with an active lifestyle should strive to make the switch. There are many options available in the market and if you are investing, be sure to get the ones with insulation for a better experience. Choose a better experience by getting a metal water bottle. It is more than just a container. It is a mark of quality and the start of a better lifestyle.